Attorney James R. Snell, Jr.
The Law Office of James R. Snell, Jr., LLC, was founded and managed by
South Carolina Criminal Defense Attorney James R. Snell, Jr. Mr. Snell
is a lifelong resident of South Carolina. He attended the Spartanburg
Day School. He was an honor roll student at Limestone College, graduating
with a Bachelor of Science Degree. He attended the University of South
Carolina where he graduated with a degree of Juris Doctor from the School
of Law. Since opening his office in downtown Lexington, South Carolina,
Mr. Snell has represented clients throughout South Carolina in felony
as well as misdemeanor criminal cases.
Mr. Snell has tried cases to verdict in all types of South Carolina courts
including General Sessions, Common Pleas, Probate, Family Court, and the
Administrative Law Court. He has argued before the South Carolina Supreme
Court as well as the South Carolina Court of Appeals. He is admitted to
practice before the United States District Court, the Fourth Circuit Court
of Appeals and the United States Supreme Court, and has even received
a 10/10 "Superb" rating from Avvo and has been recognized by
Super Lawyers. He accepts criminal cases in all South Carolina counties.
Mr. Snell offers a free consultation to those who are under investigation
or who have been arrested for any South Carolina crime.
When you hire Mr. Snell you can know that he will:
- Listen to you to understand your circumstances and your goals
- Give you honest answers to your questions and a realistic assessment of your case
- Only work to achieve your goals and objectives, and not that of the police
- Remain accessible to you throughout the duration of your case
To schedule your confidential consultation to meet personally with Mr.
Snell call his office today at 1-888-301-6004.
Professional Associations and Memberships
- National Trial Lawyers Association, Diplomat and Top 100 Criminal Defense
Lawyer for South Carolina
- National College for DUI Defense, General Member
- American Association for Justice, Member
- South Carolina Association for Justice, Member
- South Carolina Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers, Member
- Lexington County Bar Association, Past-President
- South Carolina Bar Fee Dispute Board, Member
- Certified South Carolina Circuit Court Mediator
- Certified South Carolina Circuit and Family Court Arbitrator
Areas of Practice
- Criminal Defense
- Driving Under the Influence
- Juvenile Defense
- Appeals & Post Conviction Relief
- Drug Offenses
- Corporate Compliance
- Criminal Domestic Violence
- Federal Offenses
- University Student Defense
- Child Abuse
- Civil Litigation
- Tax Evasion
- White Collar Crimes
- Serious Personal Injury
- Wrongful Death
Mr. Snell and his office are actively involved in local affairs. Mr. Snell
was recently recognized by the Town of Lexington for ten years of service
as a member of the Board of Building Code Appeals. He was previously a
member of Alumni Board of Directors for Limestone College. Additionally
every month his office makes a donation to a worthy charitable cause.
He is also the author of the book Challenging CDV written on the topic
of South Carolina domestic violence defense, and has an upcoming publication
on DUI defense.
- Harvard University, Graduate Certificate
- Limestone College, B.S.
- University of South Carolina, J.D.
123 Harmon Street
Lexington, South Carolina 29072